Drop-offs are currently open every Thursday and Friday!
We are going digital! All consignors MUST sign our updated contract when dropping off. We will NOT accept clothing from anyone else if you have not signed the newest contract.
Save time by downloading the newest contract as of January 2022! Fill out the information, print out, and bring with your next drop off!
If you want to be part of our local vendor program please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, fill out the information and attach to your email.
Drop Off Requirements
- All clothes must be freshly washed
- Must be neatly folded and tied in a bag (preferred plastic)
- Max one bag per consignor (can be as large as the size of garbage bag)
- Max 25 Items per consignor
- We will not accept loose items, nor will we accept items in bins or on hangers (all items are steamed and hung on store hangers before being placed on the sales floor)
- We will not accept any damaged items: snagged, holes, stains, pilled, missing buttons, broken zippers, or other disrepairs. We are currently only taking size XS to XL Women's clothing as long as they fit our requirements for quality!
- We encourage donation of unsellable items (goes locally to Boys and Girls Club)
- If you choose to have your items that are not accepted into the store to be returned during the initial drop off we will put aside the items for you to pick up. You will have 1 week to pick up the items after being notified. You will be contacted via email with your deadline for pickup. If you do not pick up your items by the assigned pickup deadline they will be generously donated to Big Brothers and Big Sisters & Haven House Society. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Consignor Contract Highlights
You the consignor:
- Ensures that the item(s) will have no stains, holes, missing buttons, broken zippers, loose or torn hems or understand the item may be reduced in price to reflect this.
- Must request a payout by email before 12:00 pm on the 15th of the month.
- Payouts will be payable by e-transfer on the 15th of the month unless it lands on a day we are closed or a stat holiday. In that case, you will be paid on our next open day.
- Minimum payout is $50.00.
- Payouts are 40% of the total cost of value at the time of sale.
- Understands that items in store for over 90 days become store property.
- Is responsible for keeping track of the timeline for your items in-store (90 days on the floor), we do NOT call consignors at the end of a season, or when the 90 days are up. If the consignor wants to pick items up they MUST give us 24 hours' notice by email.
- Understands that constantly pulling items out of inventory will lead to fewer items being accepted in the future.
- Understands that the store does not go through drop-offs on the spot and is willing to pick up (within 7days) or allow donations of any items refused by the store during this initial drop-off.
Leiv It Or Love It Reserves The Right To:
- Accept or decline merchandise we deem appropriate for the store.
- Determine the selling price of all items based on age, condition, brand, and style (unless the item qualifies for our “Luxury Consignment Contract”)
- Change the price of items reflecting its time in the store.
- Donate any items that have been on the sales floor for 90 days, or are discovered to be damaged AFTER the initial process of steaming and pricing.
- Freeze payouts if the store is forced to shut down for unforeseen reasons (pandemic).
- Retract credit from the consignor account if their item has been returned for an online exchange.
- Sell items on other platforms such as eBay, Poshmark, etc.
Where Do We Donate Clothes? We donate to the local Mama's for Mama's Nanaimo and Big Brothers Big Sisters Club
When Can I Drop Off As A New Or Existing Consignor? We will only accept drop-offs on our scheduled dates that we post on our FAQ page, Google, Instagram bio and Website. No appointment is ever required to drop off during those dates.
How Fast Will My Items Get Put On The Floor After Drop Off? Due to Covid-19 protocols, the increasing amount of drop offs received, and our small staff, processing your items can take up to a month or longer until your items hit our sales floor & website.
Are You Accepting Local Vendors? Yes! As a small local company we love to support other small businesses throughout our community. If you are interested in being a vendor showcased in the store please email us at email@example.com, with pictures of descriptions of your products and we will get back to you ASAP with all the additional information. We do not purchase wholesale items.
What Brands Do You Not Accept? Garage, Urban Planet, Ardenes, George/Walmart, Joe Fresh, Old Navy, Suzy Shier, Nygard, Mariposa, Addition Elle, Alia N Tanjay, Bluenotes, Kismet, Bootlegger, Reitmans, Northern Reflections, Cleo, Rickis, Olsen, Tuff Athletics/ Kirkland/ Costco, Custom Made/no brand pieces, etc. We will not accept clothing with tags cut out.
The following brands we take a limited amount of selected pieces: Eddie Bauer, RW&CO, Le Château, Fashion Nova, Zaful (tags on), Shein (tags on), Vintage Pieces.
Do You Accept Luxury Items? Yes we do! We have a separate contract for anyone interested in consigning luxury items. To qualify for this contract the item must be $500+.
- Upon drop off proper documentation of authentication must be provided
- A fee of $26 (per item) may be charged if the need for authentication is necessary
- LIOLI uses Real Authentication to authenticate items, this process is done entirely online so your item does NOT leave the store.
- Consignor split will be 60/40. You the consignor will receive the 60%
- Consignors hold the right to propose their ideal selling price, and inform us of the original price during its initial purchase. Leiv it or Love it can then counter a price until an agreed upon amount is set.
For any questions regarding any of the above information please send us an email! Thank you for supporting local!