FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our current hours are:
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - Saturday 11:00am-5:00pm
Sunday - CLOSED
Drop-offs are currently closed
We are going digital! All consignors MUST sign our updated contract when dropping off. We will NOT accept clothing from anyone else if you have not signed the newest contract.
Save time by downloading the newest contract! Fill out the information, print out, and bring with your next drop off!
Drop Off Requirements
- All clothes must be freshly washed
- Must be neatly folded and tied in a bag (preferred plastic)
- Max one bag per consignor (can be as large as the size of garbage bag)
- We will not accept loose items, nor will we accept items in bins or on hangers (all items are steamed and hung on store hangers before being placed on the sales floor)
- We will not accept any damaged items: snagged, holes, stains, pilled, missing buttons, broken zippers, or other disrepairs. We are currently only taking size XS to XL Women's clothing as long as they fit our requirements for quality!
- We encourage donation of unsellable items (goes locally to Boys and Girls Club)
- If you choose to have your items that are not accepted into the store to be returned during the initial drop off we will put aside the items for you to pick up. You will have 1 week to pick up the items after being notified. You will be contacted via email with your deadline for pickup. If you do not pick up your items by the assigned pickup deadline they will be generously donated to Big Brothers and Big Sisters & Haven House Society. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Consignor Contract Highlights
You the consignor:
- Ensures that the item(s) will have no stains, holes, missing buttons, broken zippers, loose or torn hems or understand the item may be reduced in price to reflect this.
- Must request a payout by email before 12:00pm on the 15th of the month
- Payouts will be payable by e-transfer on the 15th of the month.
- Minimum payout is $50.00.
- Payouts are 40% of the total cost of value at the time of sale.
- Will receive 10% off your purchase when using store credit. (discount is not combinable with other promotions and credit must cover 50% or more of the transaction to be applicable.)
- Understands that items in store for over 90 days become store property
- Is responsible for keeping track of the timeline for your items in store (90 days on the floor), we do NOT call consignors at the end of a season, or when the 90 days is up. If the consignor wants to pick items up they MUST give us 24 hours notice by email.
- Understands that constantly pulling items out of inventory will lead to fewer items being accepted in the future.
- Understands that the store does not go through drop offs on the spot and is willing to pick up (within 7days) or allow donations of any items refused by the store during this initial drop off.
Leiv It Or Love It Reserves The Right To:
- Accept or decline merchandise we deem appropriate for the store.
- Determine the selling price of all items based on age, condition, brand, and style (unless the item qualifies for our “Luxury Consignment Contract”)
- Change the price of items reflecting its time in the store.
- Donate any items that have been on the sales floor for 90 days, or are discovered to be damaged AFTER the initial process of steaming and pricing.
- Freeze payouts if the store is forced to shut down for unforeseen reasons (pandemic).
- Retract credit from the consignor account if their item has been returned for an online exchange.
- Sell items on other platforms such as Ebay, Poshmark, etc.
What Is The Return/Exchange Policy? All instore purchases are final sale, but we do offer exchanges for orders purchased online. All exchanges are for store credit only. Not redeemable for cash or consignor credit.
- Exchanges must be made within 14 days from purchase
- Excludes any items purchased during a promotion or sale
- Must return item to store with receipt/invoice (exceptions will be made to orders shipped)
- If item was shipped, you must pay for return shipping
- Can choose to have either in-store or online credit, can not switch once decision is made
- No exchanges on online purchases made before May 1st 2021.
Where Do We Donate Clothes? We donate to the local Big Brothers Big Sisters Club
When Can I Drop Off As A New Or Existing Consignor? We will only accept drop offs on our scheduled dates that we post on our FAQ page, Google, Instagram bio and Website. No appointment is ever required to drop off during those dates.
How Fast Will My Items Get Put On The Floor After Drop Off? Due to Covid-19 protocols, the increasing amount of drop offs received, and our small staff, processing your items can take up to a month or longer until your items hit our sales floor & website.
Do You Sell Gift Certificates? Yes we do! We can issue a gift certificate of any amount for in store or online (can not change once issued) cannot be combined with another gift certificate or store credit.
Can I Use Gift Certificates or Store Credit Online? Only online gift certificates can be used online. Store credit cannot be used through our online store at this time, but if you message us on Facebook/Instagram or email us at email@example.com with screenshots or item names and descriptions of what items you would like to purchase we can ring it through on your store credit as soon as we are in shop! If you have an instore gift certificate and wish to use it online please contact the store.
Do You Accept E-transfers For Purchases? Yes we do! This is always a good way to use credit at the same time as well! A lot of customers don't have enough credit to cover the whole item so they just transfer us the remaining! Again, please message us or email us with screenshots or name and descriptions of what item(s) you would like. We will then ring them through on our till, apply store credit (if applicable), and get back to you on how much you owe. Please always make sure to get in contact with us before transferring.
Can I Put An Item On Hold? No, we do not do any holds as products can sell online at any point! If you are unable to make it in store but want to purchase an item we encourage you to purchase online or through e-transfer to secure the item you want!
Are You Accepting Local Vendors? Yes! As a small local company we love to support other small businesses throughout our community. If you are interested in being a vendor showcased in the store please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with pictures of descriptions of your products and we will get back to you ASAP with all the additional information. We do not purchase wholesale items.
What Brands Do You Not Accept? Garage, Urban Planet, Ardenes, George/Walmart, Joe Fresh, Old Navy, Suzy Shier, Nygard, Mariposa, Addition Elle, Alia N Tanjay, Bluenotes, Kismet, Bootlegger, Reitmans, Northern Reflections, Cleo, Rickis, Olsen, Tuff Athletics/ Kirkland/ Costco, Custom Made/no brand pieces, etc. We will not accept clothing with tags cut out.
The following brands we take a limited amount of selected pieces: Eddie Bauer, RW&CO, Le Château, Fashion Nova, Zaful (tags on), Shein (tags on), Vintage Pieces.
Do We Ship? We ship through Canada Post, so we can send out packages world wide!
What Is Your Order Processing Time?
Instore Pickup - If you are ordering outside of store hours we will take up to an hour after opening to fulfill your order. If you are ordering during store hours please give us an hour as well to fulfill your order. Once orders are fulfilled you will receive an email notifying that your order has been processed and ready to be picked up! If you do not receive your order confirmation email within this time period please contact the store.
Shipping - If you are ordering outside of store hours we will take up to 2 hours after opening to fulfill your order. If you are ordering during store hours please give us 2 hours as well to fulfill your order. Once orders are fulfilled you will receive an email notifying that your order has been processed and has been immediately sent to Canada Post for shipping (depending on Canada Post Hours)! If you do not receive your order confirmation email within this time period please contact the store. If there are any delays or problems with your order we will reach out to you via email!
Do You Accept Luxury Items? Yes we do! We have a separate contract for anyone interested in consigning luxury items. To qualify for this contract the item must be $500+.
- Upon drop off proper documentation of authentication must be provided
- A fee of $26 (per item) may be charged if the need for authentication is necessary
- LIOLI uses Real Authentication to authenticate items, this process is done entirely online so your item does NOT leave the store.
- Consignor split will be 60/40. You the consignor will receive the 60%
- Consignors hold the right to propose their ideal selling price, and inform us of the original price during its initial purchase. Leiv it or Love it can then counter a price until an agreed upon amount is set.
Do You Have A Layaway Program? Yes we do! We only have the LayAway program open to luxury consignment items. Payment amounts are listed in the descriptions of these items, please email us at email@example.com or come in store for more info!
For any questions regarding any of the above information please send us an email! Thank you for supporting local!